We are thrilled to have such a vibrant, multi-cultural community of people just across the border from us. We would be very pleased to have you stay at Cedar Tree House! We very much enjoy visiting Canada frequently ourselves.
We would like to be as helpful to you as we can as you cross the border to stay at Cedar Tree. Here are some links that may be helpful to you:
- To find out what foods & items can cross the border in either direction, please go to the links:
- To check on border wait times, please go to the link: http://www.borderlineups.com/cam.php?BorderID=2
- To check the current currency exchange rate, please go to the link: http://www.xe.com
Some considerations for you in staying with us include:
- Your cell phone may be expensive to use. We are happy for you to come next door to use our phone, which has free Canadian long distance, when urgent situations arise. We are also happy to receive messages for you.
- PayPal charges us an additional 1% (over the typical 3%) when an international Payment is made, which we do have to pass on to you. However, we are pleased to accept CA$ checks as an alternative, so long as we receive them 14 days before your stay at the latest (as they take longer to clear the bank). If there is an exchange balance due either direction, we can settle that up in Canadian or US cash during your stay. We are always happy to accept Canadian currency for items paid at the time of stay, based on the current exchange rate.
- Please note that it can take more than 10 days for mail from the Vancouver area to reach us, and vice versa. We are not sure why this is, but that is the reality of the mail system these days. Please allow for such mail delays in planning correspondence.
- There are several banks nearby. Head towards town on Mt. Baker Highway about 2 miles, and turn left at the major intersection with Woburn. You will see many banks on this street.
- Our expanded basic cable does include some Canadian stations including: CBUT, CBC, CHAN Global BC.
- We also readily receive several Canadian FM radio stations here.
We hope you have a wonderful stay here in the US.